Mariinsky Theatre's THE NUTCRACKER IN 3D is the world's first 3D Nutcracker ballet and is a sumptuously traditional production brought to life on the big screen. The ballet opens with a Christmas Eve party and a young girl, Clara, being given a nutcracker doll by her godfather, Drosselmeyer. Later in the evening when Clara sleeps, she finds herself in the midst of the Nutcracker's battle against the Mouse King and his army of mice. Coming to her Nutcracker's aid, he is transformed into a Prince and journeys with Clara to the spectacular Kingdom of Sweets where the Sugar Plum Fairy holds a celebration in their honor.
With Tchaikovsky's eternally popular score, the grand staging and exquisite costumes, this Mariinsky Theatre production of THE NUTCRACKER IN 3D will be the icing on the
cake this Christmas.
MARIINSKY THEATRE’S THE NUTCRACKER IN 3D December 28 (2D on January 5th)
• Ballet in three acts with an epilogue
• Captured live from the Mariinsky Theatre, St. Petersburg
• Music by Pyotr Tchaikovsky
• Libretto by Marius Petipa after the tale by E. T. A. Hoffmann
• Choreography by Vasily Vainonen
• Production design by Simon Virsaladze
• Alina Somova as "Masha the Princess"
• Vladimir Shklyarov as "The Nutcracker Prince"
• Alexandra Korshunova as "Masha"
TICKETS: Advanced Tickets are $10 with $2 off for Lincoln Theatre members plus applicable fees. Tickets will be $12 at-the-door.